We’re here for your healing too
After Care Plan
How does your 7-day healing
After surgery, you will most likely feel drowsy and unsteady. Make sure that you have prepared someone to assist you home. After a few hours, you will most likely feel discomfort. Your surgeon will provide ample pain medications to remedy this.
DAY 2 – 4
You will most likely see swelling around the area where the surgery has been performed. This is very normal. On Day 3-4, you will see the height of swelling in the area. The swelling usually subsides from Day 5 and onwards.
Additionally, the surgeon will schedule your follow-up during these days, for removal or changing of dressings. The surgeon will also check the swelling and incision on the area. If they are in normal condition. Continue to follow the post surgery care provided. Drink pain medication, as needed.
DAY 5 – 7
By this time, you will notice the swelling going down. You may no longer need to take pain medications and may be able to continue your regular routine.
Beyond 7 days
During this week, you will still see some swelling in the area where the procedure is done, but it will continue to subside. You may do light routine work but avoid heavy lifting or active sports. Your sutures will also be removed accordingly.
By 15 days onwards, you will still see residual swelling but you will start to notice the difference and feel much better. After a month, you may start to go back to your normal programming and activities. Minor swelling may still be visible, depending on the patient’s healing process. Continue to follow After Care provided by your surgeon.
It is very important to communicate any abnormal discomfort during the entire process. The Beaufaces Surgeon and team will answer any concerns that you may be experiencing that’s out of the ordinary.
Care basics (yes and no’s)
- Ensure to ask ALL your questions and concerns pre surgery. It is important that our patients are completely knowledegeable of the procedure, results and possible complications.
- Follow prescribed medications and guidelines prepared by the surgeon. At Beaufaces, it is important that the patient heals well and has a fast recovery.
- Drink Vitamins and Hydrate! This will help flush any toxins in your system and help you recover faster.
- Take care of your skin! To optimize your results, avoid direct sunlight as it can cause pigmentation during the healing process. Wear sunscreen and use mild soaps when cleaning the area.
- Let your wounds heal on its own. Do not pick on scabs after the surgery. This could cost infection or scarring
Fruits and veggies
7 glasses a day
Have a question?
We recommend a holistic transformation
to all our patients. We ensure to provide ample guidance
and regular follow-ups post surgery.